Hearing loss is often a gradual process, making it easy to disregard the subtle changes in your ability to perceive sounds. Unlike children, who get regular hearing tests in school, adults hardly ever even think of scheduling an appointment. You wouldn’t disregard a decline in your eyesight, so why wouldn’t you track the health of your hearing?
It’s worthwhile to get regular hearing tests, here are six reasons why:
- Spotting the Signs: Day-to-day situations can expose potential hearing problems. Do you frequently need people to repeat themselves? Do you have a hard time hearing in loud settings? Are you frequently cranking up the volume on your TV? If you said “yes” to most of these questions, it’s time for a hearing test.
- Following Guidelines: The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association suggests hearing screenings every 10 years until age 50, and every three years after that.
- Family History Matters: If other family members have hearing problems, this is an ideal reason to schedule a hearing test with us.
- Establishing a Baseline: Baseline hearing tests give a frame of reference for future hearing assessment comparisons, permitting you to track changes in your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Problems, like earwax buildup, or noise-induced hearing loss, can be detected early on by regular hearing exams, avoiding further damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Hearing loss can on occasion signal root medical disorders like diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, or kidney disease. Addressing these conditions may improve your hearing.
Your physical safety, emotional well-being, and social life are some of the far-reaching consequences of neglected hearing loss. Hearing aids can significantly improve your hearing and total quality of life, letting you fully participate in conversations, enjoy social gatherings, and stay alert to important sounds in your environment.
Don’t miss out on the sound of a loved one’s voice, the laughter of a grandchild, or an important work meeting.
Make an appointment for a hearing test with us right away to safeguard your hearing health and rediscover the sounds that enhance your life.